Selling Your Home
Your decision to sell your home may be the result of a long anticipated event or due to a sudden change in circumstances. In either case, there are steps you can take to enhance the appeal and marketability of your home.
Consider these factors before setting your price:
Choose a real estate agent
- Does the agent offer a marketing plan?
- Is the agent familiar with your neighborhood?
- Invite the agent to make suggestions to improve your home's appeal
Select a destination
- Are there homes available where you want to go?
- Will you consider temporary housing to bridge moving date gaps?
Address the financial issues
- Will a sale have tax implications?
- What is your buying power for a replacement home?
- Diligently record your repairs and improvements
Look at your home through a buyer's eyes
- Is it clean and uncluttered?
- Do systems operate properly?
- Has maintenance been deferred?
Understand the competition
- Your agent will gladly provide comparative data for your area
- Consider touring the competition with your agent
- Price your home realistically
Set the stage for buyers
- Enhance curb appeal
- Make your home inviting
- Don't set unnecessary showing restrictions
Give peace of mind to buyers
- Consider the ERA Home Protection Plan
- Provide any warranties, records, manuals pertaining to your home
Get peace of mind for yourself
- Consider an optional ERA® Seller's Security Plan, a guaranteed sale, a guaranteed price for qualified homes. We will sell your house or ERA® will buy it.
® Answers is part of that ERA® commitment to you.
Here we share many of the most important things we've learned over the years while helping hundreds of thousands of families like yours. ERA
® Answers is based on 90 of the questions we hear most frequently — questions that come from people just like you, with concerns and needs much like yours. It offers you straight answers with inside tips and explanations to help you feel more comfortable and confident about your home buying and selling decisions.
Lean how ERA
® Answers can help.